~oOo~

2009-04-17

xkcd describes my life


I've been thinking a lot this week about how quickly and chaotically conversations sometimes happen in the blogosphere, and the pressure I -- at least -- feel to be instantaneously thoughtful on issues of great importance. I've never felt particularly adept at rapid response, and in the virtual world -- where the daily demands of our lives are often invisible -- impatience for instant feedback, apologies, clarifications, and elaborations can feel that much more intense. So today, when Diana put this xkcd comic up on twitter, it spoke to me.


It's nice to know there are other people in the world who don't feel so quick on the uptake either!

Tomorrow I'm off early to the New England Historical Association spring conference in Portland, ME. Then back home to work on grading student quizzes, reading Foucault, my seminar paper on mid-20th century humanist pedagogy (say it five times fast), and laundry, cooking, and perhaps even and episode or two of sarah jane or carnivale. Hope you all find ways to enjoy the weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment