~oOo~

2009-07-25

last of the summer blog posts: gone cavorting, back in september



I stepped out of the last meeting of my summer session class into bright sunshine this afternoon and realized I was starting my second "summer holiday": no classes until the first week of September! I'll be working full-time, and preparing some paperwork for my fall projects, particularly thesis research, but with what time remains, I plan to enjoy a little rest and relaxation before the autumn schedule begins. With that in mind, I'm going to take a vacation from blogging. I plan to be back in the beginning of September.

In the meantime, if you're looking for something to keep yourself occupied, check out the daily twitter feed of John Quincy Adams, who, via the fingers of MHS assistant reference librarian Jeremy Dibbell, will be "tweeting" his journal entries from a trip to Russia made exactly two hundred years ago, in 1809. (You don't have to have a twitter account to read the posts).

Otherwise, turn off your computer and go out and enjoy the summer. See you back here in September!

*image via married to the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment