~oOo~

2011-08-17

ficnotes: the consequences of falling

I should have had another http://annajcook.blogspot.com/search/label/thirty%20at%20thirty post for y'all today, I know, but it's been kinda a rough week on- and offline and weirdly enough a lot of evening commitments so I've not had a lot of energy and/or time for post writing. Might have it for you tomorrow, might not. In the meantime, I thought I'd share this gem of a fic (because when one is stressed, angsty love stories with happy endings are just what the doctor ordered):

Brysis @ FanPop
Title: The Consequences of Falling
Author: FayJay
Pairing: Dean/Castiel
Fandom: Supernatural (TV))
Author Rating: Explicit
Author Summary: "A story in fifteen parts, in which the angel Castiel finds himself put in an untenable position, and consequentially loses his grace. In which he goes on a roadtrip with a demon, discovers the delights of tequila and french fries and pie, plays a starring role in a virgin sacrifice, is deflowered by his favourite Winchester, and then gets some very unpleasant news indeed."
Length: 15 parts; 37,144 words
Available At: AO3.
I actually have yet to meet Castiel as a character in the show itself, since Hanna and I are only about 3/4 of the way through the third season of Supernatural, but I'm already 'shipping Dean/Castiel in a major way -- and this fic is one of the major reasons. It's pretty straight up hurt/comfort slash with Castiel showing Dean he's someone important and worth loving, and Dean showing Castiel the plus side of being human and experiencing human emotions. Written by the brilliant FayJay (see my ficnote on The Student Prince) who, sadly, seems not to be posting any longer. I'm so glad she's left her fics up at Archive of Our Own to be read by those of us who have only just discovered her!

No comments:

Post a Comment